Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Tag

Well, once again it's been ages since I've posted here. I have recently discovered the Tim Holtz distress product line. I know, I know, I'm way late to the game lol. I have had one or two ink pads for a while but never actually knew what they did. I had only bought them because I liked the color. Oh wow, am I in love with them now!! So, I've been doing a lot of google searching for projects and ideas and I stumbled upon the distress paints too. So... I have been visiting Tim's website a bit lately and noticed his 12 tags of 2014. I have only used the distress inks a very, VERY small amount and I have never, ever created a tag................ until now. So, here it is. My first ever attempt at a tag.



Being that I only had a very small handful of Tim's products, I had to improvise a bit. I used the Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint and brushed it on for the background of the tag. I then used some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and the Bubbles Layering Stencil and added a few areas to the tag (I notice now that I should have added a few more areas as they don't show up too well, but oh well). I then used some black embossing paste and the Gothic stencil. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the pumpkin, spider and numbers and then I added some wink of stella glitter to the web and some silver pen to the spider to give it a little "pop" and then I sponges some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink on the cut out pumpkin for shading. Finally, I used a piece of black ribbon. So... one last secret.... I don't even own any tags!! I had to make my tag out of vanilla cardstock lol!! Needless to say, I've just placed a pretty good sized JoAnns order :-) Now I just need to figure out what to do with this tag.... Hopefully I used enough of Tim's products to be eligible to enter in the tag challenge. If not, that's ok. I still had fun making the tag and maybe by next time I will have a few more items I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment